Pest Control Portal Forum
 Pest Trend analysis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dog-rat

United Kingdom
224 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2009 :  10:38:54  Show Profile  Visit Dog-rat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are being asked for "Pest trend analysis" by customers who are now being audited by the BRC and for the global food standard. Does anyone know in what format this should be made? and what it should look like?

Thanks

Hugh Radford
www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk

Simmo

75 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2009 :  17:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you go to the free to download publications section of www.acheta.co.uk I have a document there that provides guidance on the BRC Version 5 guidance. It is s bit unfortuante that the guidance needs guidance to help interpret it, but there you go.....

However, this document won't help much with regards to your specific enquiry re trending. Generally what the auditors are looking for are brightly coloured graphs, though whether these actually mean anything they don't seem too bothered about. The prime examples of this are the web-based reporting systems used by several companies, which provide huge numbers of graphs, most of which are absolute meaningless rubbish.

I know that I will be accused of selling but I do run a course for BPCA which, amongst other things, covers the main food standards, and meeting the needs to auditors. Have a look at the 'So You Want to be a Field Biologist' course on the BPCA website.

hope this helps

John
Go to Top of Page

Spartan

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2009 :  18:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dograt there may be something of use to you here mate, https://www.aibonline.org/
Go to Top of Page

ben

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2009 :  19:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think you will find a pretty bar graph lots of diffeo colour for each pest, for say each month what they are looking for at a glance is to see what if any pest continues to be a problum month after month then they will ask why you havent sorted it out etc etc its just a quick way of reading a check list, a picture paints a thousand words type of thing.
ben

you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

The Spotlight Kid

1495 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2009 :  19:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At its most basic, it only needs to be a record of bait takes from numbered bait stations. This would be recorded on a simple form with the bait station number, visit date, type of take (partial, complete etc), action. The trend analysis form would be kept in the pest control folder for reference. At some stage (possibly annually) you could produce a fancy graph but most clients probably won't need one.
Go to Top of Page

Dusty
Hyperactive Member

Australia
970 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2009 :  22:00:35  Show Profile  Visit Dusty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not knocking this, as I see it has a lot of future potential if developed the right way.
Probably needs to be taken very seriously, as one day someone is going to be hauled into court, having to defend those coloured graphs because the PC company erred, the food processing company relied upon it,and now somebody needs to pay.
Then it will be welcome to "liability pest control" as those of us throughout the world who deal with termites now know only too well.

JAFA
Don't feed them, get Rid of them - visit us on www.ridpest.com.au
or blog us on http://blog.ridpest.com.au
Go to Top of Page

Dog-rat

United Kingdom
224 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  09:19:53  Show Profile  Visit Dog-rat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for every ones help that's that sorted !

Thanks for the Link John didn't know all that was there

Guess I have some reading

Hugh Radford
www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Simmo

75 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  15:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Incidentally, reference is only made to trending fly unit and pheromone trap data in the BRC document, not rodent data.

Go to Top of Page

The Spotlight Kid

1495 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  16:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the free download link Simmo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pest Control Forum © Pest Control Portal. Always read the Label. Use Pesticides Safely. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000